Saturday, November 6, 2010

What you need for a FABULOUS closet~

So I know I said I'd write about (and show pictures of) outfit ideas to wear with boots, and I will, I promise.  But, since we just moved (yes, again :) ) and have a close with great bones, I decided I'd share what makes a closet great. (PS: so this is not the longest post Ever, this will be broken down in to two, possibly three, posts...I mean, this IS super important!) =D

Well, first, of course, you need functionality.  Space would be great, but even a small closet can be fabulous.  See below~



You have to sit down and decide what your needs are.  Not everyone's will be the same.  Do you hang or fold sweaters? Do you have a lot of belts and/or ties (or does your husband, boyfriend, etc)? Do you, like me, have a ton of shoes? Do you have 16 pairs of the same pants in different colors (i.e. Express Editors) and that's just one style, not to mention 47 pairs of jeans, and 15 pairs of linen pants :) ---all that, by the way, describes my closet.... I know, I know, I have a problem~

Lighting, lighting, lighting!!! I mean, really, do you want to get up and get dressed in what you feel is a most fab outfit, only to look in your full length mirror in your closet and be met with gross fluorescent, yellow lighting? Which will most likely not flatter you, wash you out, and not show the true colors of whatever it is you're wearing.  NO!  So, think this one through.  What's going in my closet? Well, I'm glad you asked :)
Well, I can't seem to get the pic upload to work, so if you go to my mom's blog earlyonasaturdaymorning.blogspot.com, and scroll down, you'll see it.  It's a brass chandelier with a big crystal ball in the middle.... Anyway, imagine that baby painted either bright white or hot pink (depending on what color I decide for the walls) with 60 watt WHITE light light bulbs.... ahhhhhhhhh!!! I can hear the angels singing~ :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment