Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Resolution

Yes, I know I may be 3 months late in making a resolution.... However~ I am.  =)

I tend to have a style more Carrie Bradshaw (I know I talked about her yesterday, too, sorry... I do love her though!!) than what fits in my little ol' college town.  Just last week C & I ran into a new boutique that opened up here to look for some things for the cruise (that is in 2 days..yippee!!).  We got to talking to the cuuutteee couple that opened it.  They decided to open it here because the husband says he feels like people forget to dress once they cross into the county lines here.  No one wears dangly earrings (except me, on a daily bases) or heels (ahem, again, me, daily).  And I had to simply agree.  Now, that day I was wearing yoga pants and tennis shoes.  and I never.wear.tennis.shoes  outside of the gym.  So ironic that they caught me on that day. It was on one of those horrendous rainy days and I had spent the morning at the vet with one of my girls.. I know, excuses excuses.  I promise though I do not make it a habit to wear tennis shoes.

This whole thing got me thinking (again) about my own style... and how I've been slacking recently because of my surroundings.  I mean, while I like to get looked at, I don't like to get the 'omg, what is she wearing. where does she think she is' mean girl type of looks.  I know, I shouldn't care.. but sometimes, I do!  So, I'm going to work to not care and work to get back to my style. Period. No matter where I am.

I mean, I love big, ruffle collars...
Loeffler Randall blouse

and leggings... with boots (as you all know), wedges, heels, flats (ok I own maybe one pair other than flip flops...but I think it's cute on other people :)  )

and shorts... with all kinds of things~


(I actually have shorts very similar to all of these...and will probably end up wearing them in some version of these outfits !!)

and quirky things~ which is what I would describe myself as..

So.  Here's to me getting back to that quirkiness~ I'll let you know how it goes.  Maybe show some pics of what I actually wear. 

And Here's to one day (soon!  It's coming I know) getting back to the 'big' city where there is some real shopping....!

No comments:

Post a Comment