Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Painting party!

I totally should have named this blog Shopping & Living Blondely~  Eh, but oh well :)

So today I had a very productive day... it started well, then I paid all the bills (hate it when I have to do that, you know? I'd just rather spend it other ways!!), ran some errands..including picking up (finally!) the paint for our bedroom.  yay!!!  I was super excited.. so I came home and immediately got started. 
After I brought up the paint and all the things to trim the walls, I realized... omg I don't have any roller heads or paint trays.  Niiiiccceeee....  So what did I do?  Paint the.whole.entire.room with a 2" paint brush!  Oh, yes, I did. 

You see, I've decided to live a most fabulous life inexpensively =) 
I mean, why not?  I've kinda become addicted to saving... and still shopping.  Love it!  Anywho~ I knew it'd be difficult.  but, I have to tell you... I almost like it better than painting with a roller!!! It's SO much less messy and looks better I think.
So what color is it?
Dolphin Fin
It looks great on the walls.  I painted the bathroom a few months back white & Dolphin Fin stripes and it is so Fabulous! 
Our bedroom walls used to be green.  Lime green.  or apple green.  whatever. and there was an accent wall (which are my fave... please sense my sarcasm.  I do NOT like them.   I feel like you should be bold & brave enough to do the whole room.... I know I know, a ton of people like them and have them.. and that's fine.  But one day, maybe TRY and paint the whole room.  You'll surprise yourself.  Trust me)... Anyway....the accent wall was also green... just a little bit darker. We have lived in this lovely green room for months now..and I've been holding off painting so we could just be in the space and I could decide what color would work best... and this is it!

Remember when I made an Olioboard as inspiration?
I don't think I'm going to use 'blush' as an accent anymore. but I can't be sure. When I figure it out, I'll let you know~

PS: I have to tell y'all this... I know gray is THE color right now... however, I wanted to paint our bedroom gray for a VERY long time now.  Ask my mom, sister, or C.. they'll tell ya =) I was waaaaaay ahead of the trend.

How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment