Monday, January 24, 2011

Shopping for a destination wedding! (& spring, sort of~)





When I was in Chicago, we ran into J.Crew (which the closest one to us is either Jacksonville or Orlando)... aaaannndddd.... I fell in love with the spring line (or maybe pre-spring?).  It got me thinking (more about) spring clothes, which I seem to love every year especially with the nautical details and all the colors. I picked a few pieces that I will order (or drive & buy) in a few weeks.. Like these jeans, and white pants~  (PS the jcrew website is not all that fabulous, i.e. they don't have everything I saw in the store on there) and if you go into the store you can get the whole feel of what I loved..  for example, they showed shrunken spring-y blazers over bathing suits on mannequins, with jewelry and hats.  I LOVE!!!  I may do this on a cruise C and I are going on in April, for my very dear friend's (Alexandria, who is Paisley's godmother :) ) cruise/destination wedding in the Bahamas. 
Which brings me to the catalyst for this post.... I cannot, will not, wait til the Monday before we leave (on a Thursday) to start trying to find either within my own clothes vault or shop for the pieces I need.  Here's some of what I have in mind...

A little wintry, but thrown over a bathing suit to go out at night in the Bahamas~ Could be Fab




For the ceremony?


Love love love.  I think I need in both blue & black.


or maybe this for the ceremony~

I don't know why I would need this in the Bahamas, I just love it~  The one shoulder, ruffles, and military styling... ahhhhh be still my heart~ <3


J Crew.  Want in every color.  Or maybe... I'll stick with the F21 version.. for $3.50... :) 
In both denim & white

Good news... I already have this! yay!!  With cutoffs...prob in white~


Love it

with camel colored wedges, so cute~






So as you can see.... lots of neutrals, and lots of color! lol :D  and of course these pieces can/will be used throughout spring and summer...with the other pieces I add as the months go by :)  I have a few other warm (ok, HOT) trips I want to take, and this way I won't have to buy everything.new.again  just add a few things to tailor the wardrobe for the location.   What's not shown above are a few pair of linen pants, linen shorts, and bathing suits.  I have a few suits that I will be ordering shortly from VS (total for one of them is $5!!! can you believe it?!)  I'll share those later.
What will you be wearing this spring?
Happy shopping!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment