Monday, December 27, 2010

New Years Eve Idea??

I hope everyone had a most joyful Christmas!  What great shopping deals did you find?? :)

I was watching a DVR'd Nate Berkus show today... which, PS, is a fabulous show.  I just love him!  Anyway-- He did a segment about turning things people were about to throw away into new usable/pretty things.  One guest was throwing away brooches she never wore-- Now, I don't know why someone would do that! There are soooooo many things to do with them! But anyway, she was going to.  Of course, Nate had great ideas~

http://www.thenateshow.com/tipsandtools/detail/repurpose-frames-and-broaches
Use brooches and ribbon to hang picture frames and also to create magnets!  So so so cute!  I'm searching through my jewelry tonight for this purpose  :) 

This also got me thinking... I know I've seen/heard about this before, but... dressing up shoes!  And in perfect time for New Years.  Waaaaaaaay cheaper than buying a new pair! It's also reversible, if you so choose.  If you have a pair of earrings that you no longer wear, use 'em, mismatched brooches in the same general shape, use 'em... You might get some weird looks with that last one, however, I always say Be Yourself!!!! and do NOT be afraid to do so!  Be unique, be different~
Here are some pictures that I found of 'brooches' on shoes...

This can also be done with boots.  How fabulous would that be?!

I think these are so fun! :)


I feel like these are Havianas, but can't be sure.  Either way, I am SO doing this (once it's warm enough down here in FL to wear them again!!!)  :) :) :)   

What will your shoes look like for New Years???

No comments:

Post a Comment