Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Escape


I am asked ALL the time why I go to so many concerts. To me, it is like asking why do you eat? I would rather spend my money & time on concerts than on food! (although we all know I don't miss a meal)
Music feeds me. Heals me. Gives me an escape. When my body is failing me, attacking itself from the inside, the music envelopes me in a hug and I can forget the pain. When my mind won't quiet down, the lyrics resonate. They reach a deep part of me and pull out emotions that help me work through it all. The beat and music make me move, forget where I am, help me to not care who is around, or if anyone is watching. 
In those moments I am truly myself. Not having to answer to anyone and someone else's expectations. I know I am where I am supposed to be. 
The next day I will be back to questioning everything: work, health, should I move, get a PhD, have kids, get married again? 
But the next day I am already thinking....when is my next concert. Because that is where I am free.









No comments:

Post a Comment