Monday, July 1, 2013

Jan 5, 2013 (part 3...the finale!)

Just so y'all know... I've been trying to post this for 3 days! There have been some technical difficulties..
So you've seen the details, the preceremony & ceremony...and here is the party!!
We had SO much fun!
After firing our caterer one week (ONEWEEK!) before the wedding, we scrambled to come up with plan b. and it was perfect! We hired servers and a bartender that were friends of friends. I joked with the bartender (who is a long time friend of my brother...and she was amazing, by the way!) that I wanted a PepsiMax & Captain ready for me everytime she saw me walking up. I was kidding, however, she had it ready to go for me every.single.time! I loved it~  We had a signature drink... "The Pink Piper" to go with the peonies and paisleys on the cake (if you don't know yet, our three dachshunds names are: Paisley, Peonie, and Piper ;) ). It was a huge hit!

Like I said before, we did just about everything ourselves. And it was successful. What everyone will remember is that they had a great time. Not everyone could come..in fact, only about half the people we invited came. And that is ok. Several people were very sick and couldn't make it; some got lost on the way; some lived too far away to come to FL.  But in the end, we had a fantastic time...as evidenced by the pictures to follow....

My mom & stepdad

C's mom & stepdad

Our first dance was to Matchbox Twenty's "overjoyed". They are my very fave!! If you haven't heard this song, go listen to it!  You're welcome










Best man toast

Matron of honor (aka my sister) toast


Toast from my grandparents


During my grandmother's toast, both my grandfather & I got choked up


My grandparents won the "who's been married the longest" contest....48 years!!! May we be blessed with that




 In the corner of one of these pictures you can see my grandfather doing the Cupid Shuffle. I can't find the picture right now. but it is one of my favorite memories ever.




















 The best grandparents... EVER. period. hands down. See below and you'll see one of me & C that is similar.These two are framed in our library.
 Me, my mom, my sister, and my brother


 They were teaching me the "superman"..Clearly I had a great time at my wedding!



 One of my favorite pictures from the wedding. Me & my brother-in-law. Had I known he could dance all these years....
 One of my favorite people!!

<3 <3 <3
Doing what we do~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment