Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Secret~

So I told you I would share a secret.....

Well, the outfits I have posted have a price with them. That is not the price I paid. Unless it's from Forever21.  The price I list is the sticker price.
Now let's backtrack.  I started this blog to show how I shop. Hence the name "Shopping Blondely". Since the start of this blog, however, I have discovered Dave Ramsey. And have become obsessed. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you go and check it out! Now let me say that I do not follow his plan 100%. I should, but I don't. I love love love to shop--and have cable and nice cars. But other than that, his principals are fantastic. Like he says it's "advice your grandmother would give." And it all makes perfect sense.

                             The Total Money Makeover
This book. This is THE one to help.  We use his envelope system religiously. I did not buy his envelopes; we just used plain white letter sized envelopes.

Because of all this, I cannot pay full price for anything.  It is a very rare occasion that I do so. 
So going forward I'll list the tag price and then what I paid for it. I will also share how I got that price.  It pays to hold off and wait...most of the time. Just wait until you hear how much I paid for some Lilly Pulitzer clothes that are on their way to my house!  

The romper I last blogged about.... it went to 40% off two days later. I paid $24 for it, instead of the $39.50 sticker price. So I also got a graphic tank that says "beach please" I literally cracked up when I saw it. That's how I knew to get it :) that, and it was also 40% off.

So there you have it. My secret.  I'll get more into how I shop as we go on. PS: I coupon. Like crazy!

Also this week---a "what I wore" post & a PSA!

xox
Ash~

No comments:

Post a Comment