Friday, April 15, 2016

Living


Well hello there!
It's been quite the year or so.  More on that later. 
Earlier this year I was driving about an hour away to see my brother in a play he was in, for the second time. It is quite an emotional play (really, musical) and for me most things are a bit more emotional.  I've come to embrace that side of me ;)  As I was driving I had a bit of an epiphany and wish I could have been typing as I drove. Alas that is illegal & super dangerous!  Hopefully I can recreate some of that here

Bear with me as this post may be somewhat picture quote heavy! You know I tend to love those.

I've learned that...


You live. You win. You lose. and if you do it right, you love. and you love big. And I have.  How can you have any regrets with that?  Life is hard.  Everyone is dealing with their own things, their own demons. Their own knock-me-down-to-the-kitchen-floor stuff. Believe me, been there. Haven't you? And here we are. Up. Alive. And hopefully better for it. Let's talk about it, though. Let's not hide it. Let's not run from it. Let's hope someone can benefit from whatever it is we went through. Let's let the good in our past continue to live on. Let's not erase the past.  That doesn't do any good.  I've learned words are cathartic for me. I like to write. We've ALWAYS known I loooooove to talk ;) but writing... I like! It doesn't always follow a great format or make a whole lot of sense, but who cares? Get it out. 

Last year I...
Didn't want to get out bed some days. Had to fight through that. I paid my car payment 2 weeks late. Twice. My mortgage was late once. Credit card payments were late.  But I lived. and Lived well, with a capital L. and had fun! Spent the year at concerts, my favorite thing. I saw so many of my favorite bands. I can't even name them all!  I said "why not" to several concerts and had a blast. Spent money I should not have on it, but guess what, everything got paid, everything worked out, I was healing, and I did what I wanted to, what I felt I needed to. 

This year I finally went back to school. I've wanted to for the last 6 years. I'm doing it! Why not? It's my calling. I'm passionate about it. I'm living for me. I've got to give this life all I've got.

I've started practicing yoga again. I will be going to conferences later in the year and hope to start teacher training...something I've wanted to do for some time.  Wish me luck :)
I ended up in the ER earlier this year. My body finally gave out.  I'm ok, my body had just had enough. It was finally out of survival mode and able to break down and say "enough. time to rest" So I slept for 4 days. Now I listen to my body more. 
Truth. 100%. Sorry, not sorry.

You have but one life. What are your dreams?

This one. I'm doing this more. Who cares what anyone else thinks about what you're doing. It's your life. Your decisions. They don't have to live with the fallout.




No comments:

Post a Comment